Bruce D. Hammock
Bruce D. Hammock, Ph.D. - Professor of Entomology
- B.S. Entomology, Louisiana State University
- Ph.D. Entomology, University of California, Berkeley
- 25% Instruction and Research
75% Organized Research
- Seminars in insect biochemistry, endocrinology and toxicology; an undergraduate class in comparative endocrinology; a graduate class in mechanisms of toxic action.
- Research Interests:
- Biochemistry and physiology of endocrine regulation in insects; development of recombinant viral pesticides; disruption of chemical mediation by chemical means and biotechnology; comparative pesticide metabolism in insects and mammals; metabolism of epoxidized xenobiotics; immunochemical methodology for detection of xenobiotics.