Deborah A. Dritz
Staff Research Associate IV, Supervisor
Area of Research:
My research background is in insect vectors of human and animal disease and the efficacy and environmental impacts of vector control methodologies. My particular interest is mosquito ecology and biology in alpine areas and restored wetland habitats.
- Miles, K.A., S.P. Lawler, D. Dritz and S. Spring 2002. Mosquito larvicide (Golden Bear Oil) effects on mallard ducklings and prey. Bull. Wildlife Mgt. (in press).
- Dritz, D.A. , S.P. Lawler, J. Albertson, W. Hammersky, J.R. Rusmisel. 2002. The impact of Bti on the survival of the endangered tadpole shrimp. Proc. Mosq. Vector Control Assoc. of Calif. 69:88-91.
- Lawler, S.P., D.A. Dritz and T. Jensen. 1999. Effects of sustined-release methoprene and a combined formulation of liquid methoprene and Bti on insects in salt marshes. Arch. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 39:177-182.
- Wright, S., K. Knerl, G. Lasko, D.A. Dritz and J. Young. 1998. Survey of western equine encephalomyelitis virus prevalence in wild birds on the Stone Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Sacramento, CA. Proc. Mosq. Vector Control Assoc. of Calif. 66:79-84.
- Dritz, D.A. , G.L. Yoshimura, S.A. Wright, A.R. Hubbard and R.K. Washino.1996. Population dynamics of mosquito vectors associated with Stone Lake Wildlife Refuge. Proc. Mosq. Vector Control Assoc. of Calif. 64:132-136.
- Dritz, D.A. and R.K. Washino 1993. Developmental rates of immature mountain mosquitoes. Proc. Calif. Mosq. Vector Control Assoc. 61:42.