Timothy Prout, Ph.D. - Professor Emeritus
- Research Interests:
- Population genetics: cytogenetics and ecological genetics of drosophila; relationships between natural selection and density regulation of population size.
- Clark, A.G. ,M. Aguade, T. Prout, L.G. Harshman. 1995. Variation in Sperm Displacement and its Association with Accessory Gland Protein Loci in Drosophila melanogaster Genetics 139:189-201.
- Harshman, L. and T. Prout. 1994. Sperm Displacement without Sperm Transfer Evolution 48(3):758-766.
- Prout, T. . 1994. Evolutionary Possibilities of an Endosymbiont which causes Incompatibility Evolution 48(3):909-91.
- Curtsinger, J., P. Service and T. Prout. 1994. Antagonistics Pleiotropy, Reversal of Dominance and Genetic Polymorphism American Naturalist 144(2):210-228.
- Prout, T. and J.S.F. Barker. 1993. F statistics in Drosophila Buzzatii; Selection,Population Size and Inbreeding Genetics 134:369-375.
- Harshman, L. and T. Prout. 1990. The Synthesis of an Attached Autosome (C(3)) in Drosophila pseudoobscura Genetica 80:87-91.
- Nigro, L. and T. Prout. 1990. Is there Selection on RFLP Differences In Mitochondrial DNA? Genetics 80:87-91.
- Riska, B., T. Prout, and M. Turelli. 1989. Laboratory Estimator of Heritabilities and Genetic Correlations in Nature Genetics 123:865-871.
- Prout, T. and J.S.F. Barker. 1989. Ecological Aspects of Heritability of Body Size in Drosophila buzzitii Genetics 23:803-813.