Graduate Program Menu:
Admission to the graduate program in Entomology is in accordance with the general requirements of Graduate Studies at the Davis campus. Applications for Fall Quarter admission are due on January 2, 2014. No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
Online Application Information / Guidelines:
- The application for Fall 2014 admission can be found here.
- The application fee is $80 for the domestic application and $100 for the international. The fee may be paid by credit card or e-check. The fee must be paid before the application will be considered as complete. If you are applying to multiple programs, you will need to fill out and pay for a separate application for each program.
- Letters of Recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Hard or email copies will not be accepted. Please enter the email of your recommenders when prompted, and the system will contact them directly. You do not need to wait for their letters of recommendation to be complete in order to submit your application.
- Please submit only one transcript for each university or college you have attended.
- Please send transcripts directly to the Department of Entomology and Nematology. Transcripts may be addressed to:
Department of Entomology and Nematology
160 Hutchison Hall
One Shields Avenue
University of California Davis, CA 95616
- The GRE general test is required. It is strongly recommended that the subject test also be taken but it is not required. Though most of our applicants take the biology test, any topic can be taken. Please have GRE scores sent to the Entomology Department (school code: 4834; department code: 0209).
- In order to be admitted, a prospective graduate student must be accepted into a laboratory by a major professor. The major professor guides the student’s research and provides partial financial support for the student. The Entomology web site has a list of professors, their research interests, and their contact information. Prospective students are encouraged to contact potential major professors as part of the application process and discuss the possibility of working in their lab.
If you have any questions, please contact:
|Department of Entomology||Phone: 530-754-9506|
|160 Hutchison Hall||Fax: 530-754-0927|
|One Shields Avenuefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|University of California|
|Davis, CA 95616|